Here’s this weeks love for all of the links I couldn’t get to. A bunch of local OBX news to pass on.
Enjoy the link love…
- Congrats to local Outer Banks surfer, Kim Diggs for landing a full-page spread in the new Surfing magazine. Always great to see an OBX local hit the big time.
- New Outer Banks bridge one step closer to being a reality. The final environmental impact study was just released for the Mid-Currituck bridge. What do you think, does the OBX need another bridge?
- The Bodie Island Lighthouse restoration is back on! After almost a year in hiatus, the additional funding for the project has been approved, and work should start at the Lighthouse by late February. Hopefully we’ll be climbing to the top come fall!
- The Coast Guard earned their pay this week, and hauled in a sailor from a sinking sailboat off of Hatteras.
- There’s no doubt Lowe’s is on the OBX. And now that they are here, they are bringing 125 jobs with them.
- Looks like NatGeo is going to do a feature on the Outer Banks. We have to wait until June to see it, but pretty cool.
- Are you aware that the Outer Banks has some fantastic golf courses? And you can setup an OBX golf package so you can play them all! Sweet.
- Check out this awesome story about a horse trainer working with the Outer Banks wild horses. The wild horse whisperer?!
- Got any OBX Civil War artifacts? The Outer Banks History Center is on the hunt for OBX Civil War memorabilia for an upcoming exhibit.
- Any country music fans out there? How about Randy Thompson fans? Seems that good ol’ boy Randy enjoyed New Year’s on the Outer Banks. Love OBX celebrity sightings!
- We’ve been sharing a lot of Outer Banks Everyday Magic stories recently, and here’s a great OBX story that wasn’t so magical…then again, maybe an adventure that turns into a lifelong family story is magical.
- I’m not sure if the OBX needs saving, but just in case, here’s your chance to save the Outer Banks.